Fly Fishing in Devon
The Arundell has long been known as one of the best fly fishing hotels in the country. Our waters have been called a fisherman's paradise, with many guests coming back year after year for these totally wild waters and the fish that swim in them.
ARUNDELL SCHOOL OF FLY FISHING AAPGAI QUALIFIED INSTRUCTORS
We specialise in teaching fly fishing and with our onsite fly fishing school we offer the very best in fly fishing instruction. Some of our AAPGAI qualified instructors have more than 40 years experience teaching on our rivers.
22 MILES OF PRIVATE RIVER FISHING
Day Tickets - £45/Day
We have 22 miles of private fishing on 5 different rivers and welcome anyone who wants to learn to fly fish and try their hand at this magical pursuit. We are delighted to encourage all ages, as they take their first steps in the sport we love. In today's busy world, we believe fly fishing is the ultimate therapy.
The Arundell's lake is 90 feet deep and gin clear providing exciting clear-water sight fishing for browns and rainbows.
All the equipment and tackle you will need is available to hire or buy in The Cockpit, based in the garden.
FISHING SEASON IN DEVON
Trout: 15 March - 30 September
Peak Season: May/June & September
Sea trout: 3 March - 30 September
Peak Season: July to September
Salmon: 1 March - 14 October
Peak Season: September & October
Grayling: 16 June - 14 March
Peak Season: September to November
Bass & Mullet: Summer months
Peak season: June to September
Our 22 miles of river offer different types of fishing, and a wide variation of beats. From the hard to access, wild fishing through to wide open water. Read more to understand the breadth of what we have to offer.Our Waters
Arundell School of Fly Fishing
The Arundell School of Fly Fishing is part of the very fabric of the hotel and offers both fly fishing tuition for the absolute beginner through to guiding for the advanced and experienced fisher.
- Our fishing ghillies are available every morning and evening in the fishing season to offer guidance or advice.
- All tackle and equipment are available for hire on site or for sale in our tackle shop.
- Tuition and guidance can be tailored to any need or interest.
- The experienced angler who simply wants to improve the success and enjoyment of his day by having the experience of one of our guides will have the opportunity to explore some of the Arundell's wilder and more difficult water. With our guides able to explain the lies, techniques and presentation necessary, it is sure to be successful day's fishing.
- Private tuition can be on an individual basis or for groups of up to 4. You will be allocated your own private instructor or ghillie for the day.
Private Guide/Tuition - From £275/dayLearn More
Fishing Courses & Challenges
A centre of excellence in fly fishing tuition, the Arundell offers a number of fishing courses throughout the year. These courses cater to all levels of experience, from the beginner through to those seeking more advanced guiding or challenges. The fishing department has 3 professional fly-fishing instructors, with access to a number of other expert local guides.
Our 2023 Dates
18 - 19 2 Day Fly Tying Course
10 - 14 Field & Stream Academy
15 - 16 2 Day Beginners Fly Fishing
18 - 19 2 Day Small Stream Trout
25 - 26 2 Day Small Stream Trout
1 - 3 3 Days 3 Rivers Challenge
13 - 14 2 Days Beginners Fly Fishing
16 - 18 3 Days 3 Rivers Challenge
5 - 6 2 Day Small Stream Trout
12 - 14 3 Days 3 Rivers Challenge
17 - 18 2 Day Beginners Fly Fising
26 - 27 2 Day Small Stream Trout
3 - 5 3 Days 3 Rivers Challenges
11 - 13 3 Days 3 Rivers Challenges
14 - 18 Field & Stream Academy
26 - 27 2 Day Beginners Fly Fishing
9 - 10 2 Days Beginners Fly Fishing
2 - 3 Grayling Course
10 - 11 Grayling Course
16 - 17 Grayling Course